Saturday, September 16, 2006


"If you would nt have stepped down from the car, Unlogo ko mein Aaj dekhletha mam”, Cab driver mused .It was around 8.00 AM, I was returning from my night shift and was alone in the cab. A car tried to overtake our car, while attempting that our cars side door got a scratch, Driver chased that car, has overtaken that car and has stopped it by putting his vehicle against theirs. Two youngsters were in that car( around mid-twenties) , our driver asked them to get out of the vehicle, they obliged him .I was little scared to tell driver to calm down, so just like others on the road I too was anxious to see what is going to happen from car Driver showed them what has happened, instead of apologizing for what they have done, both guys started shouting on the driver ,I knew the driver is alone and I too wanted to help him out ,but how?

Since it was small gulli in busy begumpet area, already few vehicles piled up behind and before us .I wanted to come out of the car and wanted to ask driver to come back but my so called ego was pulling me back. Driver and guys were still fighting, driver asked them to come to police station, They started lashing back at him saying go ahead we know big shots we’ll see what you can do and started being abusive in Hindi and English, Aha this time my blood got cold, Stupids. What do they mean? I could nt hold any more, I came out and asked driver to first take his car to aside, these guys didn’t know that I was in the cab so stared at me, I asked them in soothing voice who are the big shots that they are talking about? No answer. I told them driver was going on the right side and it is possible that they might have not seen him on their way of overtaking the vehicle, they tried to convince me in their English, I told them he is just driver and he lives with the sal paid by his employer and if for his no mistake a scratch on the car can cost him a lot .I guess this sinked well into their minds, they doesn’t want to be convinced but I knew my shot hit the right place. They asked driver what does he want right now, he said car to be repaired ,Guys said they would give 200/-rs ,driver shouted back. I asked him how much it might cost, driver said it would cost more than 200/-.i knew driver is lying, I have told these guys lets give it in a repair shop and they can pay the bill ,Guys want to scrap the incident as soon as possible ,so they asked driver how much does he want-final bid, he said it would cost atleast 800/-,they didnt agree after bit of argument they gave 500/- .The transaction was over .Funniest part was when we were leaving ,driver talking to them so gently,” ok sir thank u “ I smiled ,One of the guy said to me if in case required I can note down the phone no of his ,Oh Yeah I guess now its something else I smiled and the guy smiiled ,I said no not required and we started back.

One thing I always knew in such cases which works out well is the tone and the voice. In this harsh and rude world, we hear good words and soothing voices very rarely. People make things complex. Every one wants little love and affection and bit of respect but expect others to take the initiative. But never think of trying themselves. VERY BAD.

Am frequent visitor to blogs, forums, Orkutting, and communities. People are so free
,they can hide their inhibitions and inferiority complexes and can be what they want to and do what they want, but on what price??? I have seen stalkers, Jilted lovers and beaten friends turning to these forums making others life hell besides living their own life in hell. Being harsh, rude and fighting and insulting others would make them happy. It is to satisfy ones own sadistic zeal. And they cant stop cos it becomes addiction. They would love to see people in helplessness stage and a hapless situation, which gives them kick of a drug.

There is a guy who is very interesting character .I have seen this ‘Extra’ ordinary person in very popular Groups. The only way he can talk is being rude or abusive or in hit back attitude. First I was in opinion that he is from mars cant be from earth, but a friend changed my perception of seeing things in more practical way, He explained me in a detailed way.

The lesson I learnt: We don’t have choice We have to face them . We cant change them also. Don’t even try –there is a danger ,they might turn you like them .

Attitudes – they can be changed but only with ones own permission,we wear it on us so its on us to take it out and one more possible way is being with good people in a good environment.
Life is very small I want to share happiness learn good things , not vengeance ,revenges ,short tempers ,ego’s and attitudes .I m open to change, I know, the words said are not that easy on implementation
What’s wrong in trying?






To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.


“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

No comments:

Post a Comment