Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Husbands...huh


I have this question in my mind for sometime now - why do guys pretend to work after marriage?. I know quite a few people who drastically change after marriage. Before the commitment they engage full-time to woo the girl and once she says yes they find it very hard to spend some quality time and they have only one answer -'Busy with office work dear'.

Take for example my husband, he even works while sleeping? Don't believe it, please believe it. He has a stupid phone with a net connection on it. Initially when i saw him checking his mobile at night i got a mild heart attack and when i asked, he replied that he is checking mails as he was expecting a mail from a UK client. Then after 5.00 AM he wakes up again to check mails from his US and Indian clients. He gets up at 6.45 from bed and the first thing that he does is to turn on his laptop connect it to another stupid usb net connection and starts working. I'm his unofficial PA whom he thinks as a magician and has to find his all impt papers, diaries etc (as if I have a wand...choo mantar and i can find his papers.huh).

I have a cook who makes breakfast, he has a problem with that too cos he can leave home only after she leaves ( I go to office before him on dot 7.30AM) and complains that he cannot go to office when he wants to go early ( Liar, I know you waste time watching TV , I know she leaves by 8.00AM). Finally he reaches office at 10.00. Now I wonder what he does there. Before marriage all that he would do is to talk to me on phone for hours and I hardly get a call now, when he is in office (of course I MIND). At around 2.30 when he feels like calling or messaging me, he sends a sms saying he finished his lunch.

Evening: If he finds time (especially when he is done with so called 'Work') he would come on to chat and asks me when am I planning to leave office, and he will come home either after I reach home or just a min before I come home. And then tells me "I don't want you to be alone at home so for your sake i sacrificed my work and came home" (huh). Guess what? He says he hasn't finished some impt works which might explode anytime and will eventually give him bad image in his office. He opens his lappy or would spend hours on that idiotic mobile. Finishes his dinner (One cooked by me...alas) watching TV (and remember remote is always with him). At around 11.30 he sleeps and cycle continues.

What is the solution for it? Is he over working or pretending to work. Give me some advices how to handle the situation.

PS. I know a few of my friends who have similar kind of men in their lives. So its not a case of isolation. I wonder sometimes if i can throw his mobile into a pit. Never can find time for a vacation and I'm sure he will be able set aside some time for me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment